photo by Wayne Fawbush
Montpelier is open for business ! !
Post flood - Fall 2023
On July 10th the North Branch of the Winooski crested over 20 feet, filling business basements and retail spaces with floodwaters. Over 4,000 volunteers came to town to help businesses clean up and recover, helping restaurants and retail stores to reopen as quickly as they can. The community came together to organize benefit concerts, festivals and other fundraisers to support our downtown and bring back a more resilient Montpelier!
This page provides information to enjoy your time in Montpelier, during the recovery and rebuilding phase.
- Find out which businesses are open today: Restaurants, Downtown Retail, All Businesses (updated continously as businesses reopen.)
- Visit our Community Calendar to see what's happening during your visit
- Enjoy a range of outdoor adventures in and around our region
- Contribute to Montpelier's recovery - Ways to Give.
- Experience Montpelier's Arts Scene: 'The Renewal Project' brings vibrancy to downtown, while telling our story of the flood. Look for art in buildings and storefronts across town!
- Downtown Bathrooms are located at the Montpelier Police Department at 1 Pitkin Court and Montpelier City Hall at 39 Main Street
- Montpelier Post Office is closed for now, post offices can be found in neighboring towns including Barre, East Montpelier, and Waterbury