July 3rd Event Details
Parking and Parking Shuttle
We encourage you to arrive early and enjoy all Montpelier has to offer. Parking will be available on a first-come first-served basis:
- In the State of Vermont parking lots along State Street between Bailey Avenue and Governor Aiken Avenue.
- In the State of Vermont parking lots off Court Street in "the pit"
- In the State of Vermont lot at 2 Taylor Street
- In the City of Montpelier Parking lots
- Behind the Capitol Plaza at 100 State (paid parking only)
- At Montpelier High school (note limited parking this year - no "mud lot")
- At the Department of Labor at 5 Green Mounain Drive (shuttle stop)
- At National Life at 1 National Life Drive (shuttle stop)
Green Mountain Transit will provide a free shuttle approximately every 15 minutes, from 4 to 10:30 p.m., between the National Life main parking lot, the Department of Labor parking lot, and the Montpelier Transit Center on Taylor Street in downtown Montpelier. Peak Times may experience delays due to traffic. All buses offer ADA service.
Parking for People with Disabilities
- 3pm-11pm -3 spaces on State Street west of Governor Aiken Avenue and 3 spaces on Taylor Street next to Capital Deli
- 5pm to end of Parade - 4 spaces on School Street
- Individuals may also be dropped off at the Montpelier Transit Center on Taylor Street.
Street Closures and Parking Restrictions
- State Street closed between Governor Davis and Bailey Avenue 1-10:30 p.m. for vendors and parade, parking along this stretch closed starting at 11 a.m.;
- State Street closed from Main Street to Governor Davis Avenue 5 p.m.-end of the parade.
- Main Street closed from 5:30-7:45 p.m. for the Montpelier Mile Road Race and parade, parking closed 5 p.m.-end of parade.
- Streets in The Meadow (Spring, Summer, Winter, Vine, and Pearl Streets) closed 4-7 p.m., parking restrictions begin at 3 pm.
- Spring Street from Elm to Main: No Parking 4-7pm, road closed 5:45pm to end of parade
- School Street closed from Main to St. Paul Street during the parade.
- Taylor Street will only allow traffic from parking lot entrances to bridge from 5 p.m. - 11 p.m.
Post Fireworks Detours:
All traffic exiting from Bailey Avenue or Taylor Street onto Memorial Drive will have to turn right towards I-89. No vehicles will be allowed to turn onto Bailey or Taylor Street from Memorial Drive.
Please visit the information tent on the State House Lawn with any event questions or to receive a printed event schedule or event map. You can also ask anyone wearing a bright green Montpelier Alive Volunteer shirt for help.
First Aid and Lost Children:
Visit the First Aid Tent located in front of the Vermont Supreme Court building, staffed by Montpelier Fire Department Employees. Any law enforcement official or Green Mountain Concert Services employee can also help.